The EMS Straufhain GmbH was founded on 1st March 1994, on an old site in the industrial estate ‘Am Weißbach’, in Streufdorf.
Beside the metal processing, in the early days we assembled cables, and carried out the assembly of automobile air-conditioning units and computer keyboards.
In the years which followed, the company concentrated on its core business of metal processing. For this purpose an extensive machinery was constructed, the company premises were redeveloped and three new factory buildings were erected. In the meantime the company has acquired 18 CNC-lathe machines and 9 multi-spindle lathe machines, and plans the construction of a further production hall with an administration wing.
Milestones of our development history:
- 2019 25th company anniversary
- 2019 addition of two more CNC lathes
- 2018 expansion of the machine park with additional CNC lathes
- 2017 implementation of an energy efficiency consulting
- 2015 new measuring room
- 2014 construction of a new 3,000 sq.m. production hall
- 2011 construction of a material warehouse about 380 sq.m.
- 2010 Dr. Dieter Schmidt – Managing Director of EMS Straufhain GmbH receives BVMW Mittelstandspreis
- 2008 construction of a production hall and expansion of the production area by 1,000 sq.m. to a total of approximately 6,000 sq.m. and completion of a new supplier access
- 2007 construction of a warehouse, expansion of warehouse space to about 200 sq.m.
- 2006 construction of a steel hall and expansion of production capacity to 800 sq.m.
- 2005 the EMS Straufhain GmbH receives TÜV certification DIN EN ISO 9001:2000
- 2004 the company EMS Straufhain GmbH celebrates its 10th anniversary
- 2000 the building of a warehouse for finished products
- 1996 the delivery of our first CNC-lathe machine
Dipl.-Kffr. Peggy Schmidt
Dipl.-Ing. Gero Schmidt